Psychotherapy, Experimental Methods, Developmental Psychology.
B.A. - 1962-66 - Tel-Aviv University, Psychology and Hebrew language
M.A. - 1966-69 - Tel-Aviv University, Clinical Psychology (with honors)
Ph.D. - 1969-72 - London University, Maudsley Psychiatric Institute
2-year course in Psychotherapy, 1970-71, Tavistock, London
||President's Award for research on courage and grief, "Memorial to the Seven," relating to the War of Liberation
||Tel-Aviv University President's Award
||Shevelov Prize, Psychology Department, Tel-Aviv University, for a study on the relationship between opinions and behavior (in Jewish/Arab relations)
||Scholarship, British Council
||B'nai Brith Scholarship, London
||Ann Arbid Scholarship, London
||Stipend from the Israeli Embassy in London for an exploratory trip to Israel for job search
||Research and teaching assistant, Psychology Department, Tel-Aviv University
||Clinical psychologist, Mental Health Clinic, Ramat Chen, Mental Hospital, Be'er Ya'akov
||Senior Psychologist, Maudsley Mental Hospital, Bedlam, London
||Lecturer, University of London Medical School
||Lecturer, Department of Psychology and School of Social Work, Hebrew University, Jerusalem
||Senior Psychologist, Hadassah University Hospital, Ein Karem, Jerusalem
||Lecturer, Department of Psychology, Masters Program, Tel-Aviv University
|1978 - present
||Partner and Professional Director, ADAM Institute
||Lecturer, Continuing Education Program, School of Psychotherapy, Tel-Aviv University School of Medicine
||Visiting, University of Munich (workshop)
||Composing reports and court-room appearances
||Partner and consultant for AMI - a family business consulting company
||An affiliate of FBCGI - an international business consulting group, USA
||Member, British Psychological Association
||Supervisor, Clinical Psychology
||Member, Central Committee, Israel Psychological Association
||Contributed to the Psychologists Law (1977) and member of the first Psychologists Council, appointed by the Health Minister
||Supervisor, Vocational Psychology
||Member, Rehabilitation Psychology Committee
||Among the founders of the psycho-diagnostic division and a member of its committee in the Israeli Psychological Association
- Nir. Y. & Yaffe, Y. (1974). Jewish life in Morocco - A case study in communication, The
National Israeli Museum Publications.
- Weller, L. & Yaffe, O. (1974). Social class and personality factors: Acculturation of young Samaritan men, in R.P. Mohan & A. Wilke (Eds.), Critical realism and sociological theory, Humanities Press, Inc.
- Eysenck, S.B.G. & Yanai, O. (1985). A cross-cultural study of persoality: Israel and England, Psychological Reports, 57, 111-116.
- Yanai, Y.O. (1995). The fear of success, Status (Journal of Human Resources),
- Yanai, Y.O. (1996). When secretaries are who rules whom? Secretaries and bosses - A special bond, Status (Journal of Human Resources), 35, (Hebrew).
- Yanai, D. & Yanai, O. (1998). White collar criminals - Personality and family trends. Human Resources, Tel Aviv.
- Yanai, O. & Milo, T. (1999). Living and loving in a family business, JCT Perspective, 5, April.
- Milo, T. & Yanai, O. (1999) Family councils: A dialogue of connections and separations, The Family Business Network Newsletter, May 23.
- Yanai, O.Y. & Pines, A.M. (2000). When the unconscious chooses a career, Man and Work: Journal in Labor Studies, 10, 1-2, 8-30 (Hebrew).
- Yanai, Y.O., Ed. (2000). Career Healing, Tel-Aviv: Modan (Hebrew).
- Pines, A.M. & Yanai, Y.O. (2000). Unconscious influences on the choice of a career: Implications for organizational consultation. Journal of Health and Human Services Administration (Submitted for publication).
- Pines, A.M., Sadeh, A., Dvir, D, & Yanai, O. (2000). Entrepreneurs and managers: Traits of father, mother and self. (Submitted for publication).
- Yanai, D. & Yanai, Y.O., Eds. (2001). Future Aptitudes: The Silver Ace, Tel-Aviv: Peker (Hebrew).
Papers Presented at Conferences
- Yaffe, O. & Noy., D. (1965). Eating and drinking as courting metaphors in Jewish sources.
Paper presented at the Ethnological and International Congress of Folklore, Athens, Greece.
- Yaffe, O. (1973). Ethno-psychological patterns of acculturation based on researching the Samaritans in Israel. Paper presented at the Sixth World Congress of Jewish Studies, Jerusalem, Israel.
- Yaffe, O. & Shanan, Y. (1995). Medical students' profiles. Paper presented at Hadassah University Hospital, Ein-Karem, Jersualem
- Yaffe, O. & Litman, S. (1975) Post-traumatic Israeli veterans fighting for job return: Group therapy experiences. Paper presented at the International Conference on Peace and War, Jerusalem.
- Yaffe, O., Weller, L, & Shnat, R. (1975). Acculturation of young Samaritan men: Social class and personality factors. Paper presented at the Annual Convention of the Israeli Psychological Association, Tel-Aviv.
- Yanai, Y.O. (1977). The knights of the squared table: Career events. Paper presented at annual convention of the Israeli Psychological Association. Tel-Aviv.
- Yanai, Y.O. (1986). Work, love, and infidelity: Inter-relations. Paper presented at a symposium on Gender and Work, Tel-Aviv University.
- Yanai, Y.O. & Rubinstein, N. (1992). Feminine and masculine professions. Paper presented at the Annual convention of the Israeli Psychological Association, Tel-Aviv
- Yanai, O.Y. (1995). Holocaust victims and career choices, Paper presented at the Annual Convention of the Israeli Psychological Association, Tel-Aviv.
- Yanai, Y.O. (1996). Marketing and sales: Two different personality profiles - two different managerial approaches. Paper presented at the Veidat-Hair, Tel-Aviv.
- Yanai, O.Y. (1997). Careers 2000. Paper presented at the 9th Israeli HR congress on Regeneration.
- Yanai, Y.O. & Pines, A.M. (1998). When the unconscious chooses a career. Paper presented at the annualconvention of theIsraeli Psychological Association, Tel-Aviv.
- Yanai, Y.O. (1998). From career to calling. Paper presented at the International IAEVG Conference: Border-free Employment and Careers, November, Kibbutz Ma'Ale Ha'Chamisha, Israel.
- Yanai, O.Y. & Pines, A.M. (1999). Teachers' career burnout. Paper presented t the APA Convention, us.
- Yanai, O.Y., Milo, T, & Hughes, J.E., jr. (1999). Governance strategies in global economy. Paper presented at the F.F.I. annual conference, Chicago u.s.
- Yanai, O.Y. (2000). Career change in a changing world, paper presented at the International Congress of Pre-school Education, Jerusalem.
- Milo, T. & Yanai, Y.O. (2000). The reversed family business: The case of an Israeli Hi-Tech Start-up. Paper presented at the Family Business Network, 11th Annual World Conference, London, October.
- Yanai, O. & Milo, T.V. (2000). When David meets Goliath. Paper presented at the family business FFI International Conference , Washington, October.